Detailed evaluations are a must if one tends to fall frequently without provocations or feels unstable while standing. If one falls frequently or unprovoked, it may be a sign of a serious neurological illness.Many neurological disorders make you fall
- If accompanied by loss of consciousness, it may be Syncope or transient reduction of brain blood flow. Transient ischemic attacks or Minor strokes may be associated with fall.
- Tumors in the midline region of brain can present with falls.
- Narcoleptics may fall frequently.
- If there are spinal cord problems associated with lower limb weakness, sensory loss ( numbness ) , spasticity or rigidity or imbalance may fall.
- Meneire’s disease , a disorder of the inner ear, tend to fall. as also,
- People with atypical Parkinson's syndrome like progressive supra nuclear palsy tend to fall frequently.